Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Request Building Access

Access to rooms and areas secured by magnetic card swipes and proximity card readers can be obtained through the campus electronic access control system.

Building access requests should be made by departmental Area Access Manager.  Area Access Managers are University employees designated by a Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director, Department Head, or Building Manager who is responsible for authorizing and processing all access control transactions for one or more departments or units.

Most Area Access Managers are authorized to manage access to their departmental cards readers using the OVCAS Area Access Manager (AAM) web application. If you are an Area Access Manager and require access to the AAM application, please email us at

Area Access Managers who have already been granted access can login to the AAM application.

Note that changes to door locking or access schedules must be requested via email. If you would like assistance with an access control request or a door locking schedule change, please email the Access Control team at

For more information, visit Building Access Control.